11/08/2010

What a Lucky Girl!!

Saturday was the best day!!  My sweet hubby took me to the Sacramento Scrapbook Expo and Ikea all in one day!!  Poor hubby doesn't like crowds and hates going shopping with me because I am notorious for spending a good 15 - 20 minutes looking at something and then walking out of the store without buying anything - drives the poor man crazy. :)

But we did have a specific reason for going this weekend.  My middle sister is moving this coming weekend to TN (I will really miss her) and my oldest sister and 2 of her girls were coming down to Sac from Reno for the Expo so we decided to meet up for a visit and so my sisters could say good bye to each other.  Really trying hard not to think about all this too much as it makes me want to cry.  Here is a picture of the 3 of us.



So the trip to Ikea was because I found this awesome project on the Cricut boards (I am so sorry I can't remember the gals name that made these cause I really want to give her credit)



So I went online to order the lanterns from Ikea but of course you can't - you to have to actually buy them at the store.  So hubby was nice enough to say that we would stop by there on the way back from the Expo.  Boy was that a mistake :)  I had so much fun in there and bought several things.  This was definitely one of those times that I didn't have trouble shopping at all.

I bought 3 of these to make the above project for my girls and I.  And what a bargain at $3.99 a piece


Oh and see the black one?  That's for a Halloween project for next year.

And then I saw this and feel in love.  I am not sure if I am going to keep it or doing something with it for a Christmas gift for my parents.  Another bargain at $7.99 - now I wished I would have gotten 2 of them.


Let's see I also walked out of there with these.  Another fab bargain at $2.99 a package.  I got Cinnamon Apple, Rose and Green Apple.



And there were a couple of other things I bought but you will just have to keep checking back to see what they were and what I do with them. ;)

And I had just as much fun at the Expo.  Didn't buy as much there but did come home with some goodies.




These 2 are for our Pumpkin Dinner Album at title pages


This is 2 pages - the other page is just the opposite of this one.






So as you can see it was a pretty good shopping trip.  I can't wait to go back to Ikea :)

Thanks for stopping by...
C


8 comments:

  1. Its so fun to se swedish IKEA stuff in a american blog :)
    I love IKEA they have great stuff and i love the ide with the raindear whoever came up with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good shopping trip!! I love scrapbook expos..I need to go to one soon! And..I hate to say this..but I've never been to an IKEA..(gasp) not sure where the closest one is..maybe Salt Lake or Vegas. I should find out and make a trip, I love the lanterns you found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lanterns are super cute! I love IKEA, just wish I had one closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! Sounds like you had a good shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sure looks like it was a fun shopping trip! Glad your hubby went along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! sounds like your hubs is a keepers. so glad you had fun and a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHH Ikea, I love you so. But we don't have one here. I have to drive over 7 hours and cross the border, but it is so worth it ;)

    Nice papers you got.

    ReplyDelete