11/29/2010

Let the Holidays begin...

Let me just start by saying that I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  We did here at our home, not only were both girls here and but also their boyfriends.  And we had a ton of yummy food and good times especially playing Pictionary after dinner.  Oh and I made a yummy new Paula Dean dessert that I will post later in the week for you.

And then at midnight the girls and I did a little Black Friday shopping at our local outlet mall.  It was nice to see it so busy after the last couple of years that everyone has had.  All in all it was one of our best Thanksgivings.

So now that Thanksgiving is behind us - it's time to get busy with Christmas.  Hubby and I were able to get about 97% of our shopping done on Saturday between going out and doing some online shopping.  I am feeling pretty good about were we are at with that.  And I am hoping that having so much done so early that I can enjoy the rest of the month.

Having 4 days off was great because I actually got to spend some time in my craft room.  Let me show what I made....

Remember these little goodies that I bought at IKEA for $3.99???


I took one of those and added a little bit of this...



And then I used my cricut and some green vinyl to cut this out...




And ended up with this...





This couldn't be an easier gift to make if you own a cricut.  When I was all done with this one, which took about a half hour from start to finish, I was thinking these would make a great Teacher's gift or just a gift to have on hand for an unexpected guest.  Or just a cute decoration on the table at the holidays.  And the really nice thing is they only cost about $5.00 when you are all done.

Well I have one more to make so I better get to it.

Thanks for stopping by...
C


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good holiday! What a great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your idea for the project! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooo I love those!! I kept looking at those little lanterns - cos they were sooo cheap thinking I just know I could do something with that - and do you think I could think of anything - so I left them there LOL - #$%#$#@%

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable.
    I love it. Who wouldn't want one of those as a gift. I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those lanterns are adorable!! Makes a great gift!!
    Sounds like you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete