6/08/2011

Strawberry cupcakes

So one day when the hubby was gone for the day I came across a recipe for Strawberry cupcakes.  Now I love fresh strawberries and strawberry flavored cake and thought this would be a fun recipe to try.  And I decided to make them mini cupcakes – cause then I could eat more then 1 and not feel guilty Smile
And I just happened to have some cream cheese frosting in the pantry along with some cute mini cupcake papers in pink with polka dots.
I had a good time decorating the cupcakes and they came out really cute once I was done with them. 
085
087
Aren’t the wrappers cute!!  99 cent at Michael’s for a package of 50.
088
090091
As for the recipe I was a little disappointed with the flavor.  I was hoping for more strawberry flavor and it just wasn’t there.  Next time I think I will put a little bit of strawberry flavoring in it to see if that will help.
I think the next time I make mini cupcakes they are going to be lemon with a lemon filling.  I’ll let you know how they come out.
Thanks for stopping by…
C

3 comments:

  1. They LOOK perfect and yummy!!! :) Greet pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez...should proof read before I post. Meant great not greet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look super yummy! Sorry that they werent as strawberry-y (is that a word?)as you wanted. Good luck with the lemon ones!

    ReplyDelete