6/07/2011

Pie Night

So every Wednesday night is date night for Hubby and I.  We try to do something fun every Wednesday even if it’s just going for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  I am sure that this sounds silly to people when they find out that we’ve been married almost 27 years and we don’t have kids at home anymore.  But this night makes sure that we don’t get caught up in the daily grind and forget the reason we got married in the first place.
So one Wednesday night we had a couple of errands to run downtown (yes even errands can be romantic) and decided that we would have our date night at the Chocolate fondue place downtown.  But what we didn’t know is that Wednesday is the only day they are closed all week. Sad smile
But across the street I saw a sign for Pie Co. so we walked over and caught them just as they were closing.  But the owner was nice enough to let us in.
The pie was heavenly and truly homemade from the pie crust to the filling.  I had Chocolate cream and hubby had the Pink Lady apple pie.  And the place is so cute so of course I had to scrap it.
010
Here are some close up of the embellishments that I made with the From the Kitchen cricut cartridge.
009
And I love how this apron came out
006
And the recipe card made a great place to put the journaling.
I really like this cartridge.  It has lots of fun stuff on it. And would be perfect to use in a recipe book as a gift.
This was a fun date night because we discovered something new in our little hometown.  And believe we’ve been back since for some more yummy pie!
Thanks for stopping by…
C

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on date night :)
    Your layout is adorable.
    I don't have this cartridge, but my friend cut me out some of those cut outs. I want to make my youngest daughter a recipe card album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love traditions like this! We do pizza &movie night at the coffee table every Fri! Your layout came out really great too! Mmmm pie!

    ReplyDelete