6/10/2011

Going back in time…

So when my girls were in High School I started scrapbooks for both of them of their High School Days and I did pretty good saving every award, newspaper clipping and dance ticket they brought home.
But around the time that Mandy was a Sr. and Kendall was a Jr. life got hectic and they graduated without their scrapbooks being finished.  And it’s always bothered me that I hadn’t finished these albums.
Recently it was brought home to me why it’s so important that I finish those scrapbooks for my girls. Steve’ grandmother passed away recently and one of the things that he received was a scrapbook album of his life that his grandmother did for him.  It started with wedding pictures of his folks and his mom’s baby shower pictures and all the rest of Steve’s life. 
The best part of this album was all of the journaling and I mean all of the journaling is done in her handwriting.
I could just feel the love and pride that she had in her grandson as I was looking through this album.
Someday I want my girls to sit down and look through these albums and feel all of the love and pride that their Dad and I had in their High school accomplishments just as I felt it looking through Steve’s scrapbook.  Which by the way was all Creative Memories when the first started.
So my goal is get to these albums done before their weddings.
Here a couple of layouts that I’ve gotten done so far.
2011-06-09 Misc Scrapbook 004
2011-06-09 Misc Scrapbook 001
2011-06-09 Misc Scrapbook 002
042
037
039

So 2 down and lots more to go but I will get them done. Smile

Thanks for stopping by…
C

5 comments:

  1. Dang - who's that hottie in those pictuers :-) JK, Love these and I can't wait to get my album :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and they are going to love it and so will you!! awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so gonna love them. good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh what a special treat that his grandmother did this for him.
    Yes this is why I scrap book. I so need to do more of it.
    Love your pages and I am sure your children will cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job with the layouts! Your kids will love these! What memories they will have. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete