8/28/2009

A Couple of Cards and Apples

Wow, it's been a couple of weeks since I posted. Sorry about that. We have been busy and time just gets away from me.

Today I want to share a couple of cards that I made in the past week. I have really been into making cards lately. I need to get back to my scrapbooking cause I am so far behind with that.

Anyways, the first card that I made is a Halloween card. Halloween/Fall is my favorite time of year and I can't wait for it to get here. I am loving that all of the stores have the fall decorations out already. And yesterday when I was in our local Michael's they are already putting out the Christmas stuff....Wow!!



I used just some scrap stuff that I had in my drawers for this card. The "Trick or Treat" stamp is a $1 one that I got at Joann's. And the candy corn ribborn is from K&Company. Can't really see it in the picture but the black embossing powder that I used is glittery.

The second card I made is for my daughter's girlfriend who just moved into a new condo. This card is going with a big batch of peanut butter cookies which I making this morning.

I cut the birdhouse on my cricuit and SCAL. I cut it a couple of times in different patterened papers and then pieced it together. Thought it came out really cute. The blue background is a little flower G Stamp that I had and a blue chalk pad that almost matched the cardstock. The stitching around the green is rub-on stitches (love those). I was going to put Home Sweet Home at the bottom but didn't have a stamp or a sticker that said that so I added the buttons instead. This isn't how I envisioned this card when I started it but I still think it came pretty cute.

And last but not least this is what I made for dessert last night - Caramel Apple Bars. Yummy!!
Used a really simple recipe - actually kinda cheated and used a cookie mix. And right now in our area we have tons of great apples that are now ripe.

The finished product:
Well thats about it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment