1/05/2011

A New Purse to start the New Year

So I am a collector of purses – not expensive purses but ones that you find at Kohl’s or JCPenney. And when I say collector I am mean at one time I had 20 different purses in my closet and use to come home every couple of weeks with a new one. But I am finally at a place in my life where I am ready to commit to one purse (Can you hear my hubby jumping up and down for joy??)

So I called my oldest daughter who is a collector of Coach purses and asked her to go with me out to the Coach outlet store cause I was ready to commit to a purse.

So out we went to the Coach outlet and I did find one that I liked very much and met my list of requirements in a purse.  But I gulped when I figured out this purse was going to cost me $175.  And that was after a 20% discount coupon.

So after much debating I decided to look around at some of the other stores in the outlet mall before making a final decision.

So we looked at Saks 5th Ave and then headed over to Nine West.  And when I walked in I found the purse that I was looking for.  It met all of my requirements and the price was right…$49.99 plus another 30% off.  I think that I will be happy with this purse for a long time to come…

So introducing Big Red

017

Isn’t she gorgeous???

And to make it even better I have been looking for a pair of black boots for the winter and they had exactly what I was looking for. On sale no less for $29.99 so I bought them in brown too.  So a new purse and 2 pairs of boots for way less then 1 purse at Coach.

What a successful shopping trip.

Thanks for stopping by…
C

2 comments:

  1. Ah, a girl after my own heart! I've got about 25 purses - mostly from JCP and Kohls! LOL. But I did the same thing, finally sucked it up and purchased a few more expensive bags that I use pretty exclusively now. I love that red bag! That's gonna put a bang in your new year! :)

    Tammy
    http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your purse, such a fun colour.
    Wow you do have a few purses, lol. I think I may have 5.
    My daughter is a purse and shoes collector. I told her she could put a down payment on a house with all the money she has spent on these, lol

    ReplyDelete