12/03/2010

Love the smell of Gingerbread

Awww nothing says Christmas more then the smell of warm Gingerbread.  And over the weekend our neighbor, who was a professional chef, was experimenting with different gingerbread recipes and brought over a couple of sample for us to decide which one was better for gifts he is making.

So after he teased us with the samples I knew I had to make some gingerbread cookies so I got this out to try.


This with a little butter and water was all I needed and I had it whipped up in about 5 minutes.  Then into the frig for 30 minutes.

Then I got hubby to help me cut them out with me.  He is such a good helper and puts up with me now that the girls don't live at home anymore.



We used my new mini Christmas cookie cutters that I got in a swap over on 2Peas.  I thought they would be just the right size for mini gingerbread cookies.  Just a couple of bites.

And here is the finished product. 


They came out so cute and tiny.  Just right!!

Tomorrow is our annual Baking Day so I will have lots of yummy cookies next week to share.  Until then

Thanks for stopping by...
C


2 comments:

  1. OOOHHHH Yummy!! I hope there are some left for tomorrow! Kind of funny though I packed my mix of Gingerbread in case we needed more cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable, love that size! I can almost smell them from here!

    ReplyDelete