6/10/2010

A Movie and a Book


Wednesday night in our house is Date Night. And even though our kids are grown and out of the house, this gives hubby and I a night to let ourselves go have fun.  It can be anything from a couple of rounds of mini golf to browsing at the local book store, going to dinner at our favorite Mexican place or catching the new releases of movies.  Last night we went to the movies and saw "Killers".  Now I love Ashton Kutcher, I think he is really funny and I love his camera commercials on TV.  Katherine Heigl, not such a big fan.  But I do have to admit she did a good job in this movie and didn't ruin it for me.  And I love Tom Selleck and Catherine O'Hara in it too.

So grab your honey, make it a Date Night and go see this movie for a couple of laughs.

The other thing I wanted to share is a book that I recently read.  It was a wonderful story and brought tears to my eyes.  Now I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Pit Bulls and I blame that on the media.  I never had a bad experience with one and neither has anyone in my family.  And when I cruise the local Animal Shelter website I see the most adorable pit bulls on there waiting to be adopted.  After reading this story I see them in a whole different light, they just want a good home and to be loved and taken care just like any other dog out there.  I have to admit I am still not brave enough to have one as a pet but I do see them in a different light, thanks to this story. 

So this is a story about a Pit Bull and a Man, both down on their luck, who end up saving each other.

Go check it out at your local library.  If you are a dog lover like me, you will like this book.  And maybe head over to your local animal shelters website and donate a few dollars if you go them to spare.



Let me know what good books you've read recently or what good movie you seen.

And I wanted to Thank everyone who stopped by yesterday to help solve my problem.  This is my summer project so I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for stopping by...
C

No comments:

Post a Comment